Old Dominion Football Club (ODFC) Rising Talent Program
Cesena USA is a proud partner of ODFC and utilizes its' professional staff to manage their Rising Talent Program. The ODFC RTP is utilized as a direct "feeder" system into the ODFC Travel Program for interested players.
· To identify, develop, evaluate and monitor players in the ODFC U8 age group
· To enable our U8 emerging talent to develop their abilities by applying a curriculum based program
· To provide U8 emerging talent with a more challenging level of training and development
· To provide U8 emerging talent with the opportunity to compete with players from neighboring clubs with an overall improvement in structure and quality
· To provide our up-coming U8 coaches an opportunity to learn from the curriculum based program being applied by professional coaches
· To provide a higher quantity/quality of players within our U8 program moving onto next phase of development or “pathway”
· To improve the quality of information parents and players receive regarding club opportunities and possible pathway decisions
For more information on the ODFC RTP click here!
Program Structure: The RTP is designated as the “pre-travel” academy at ODFC and it’s designed to bridge the gap between our clubs “recreational” and “travel” programs.
Professional coaches will focus on player’s technical training once/week with our volunteer coaches proving a 2nd day of training every week. The training week culminates every Saturday with a 6 vs. 6 (plus a goal-keeper) game where the weeks lessons are applied.